When all the planets are located between Rahu and Kethu in a horoscope, then it comes under ‘Kaala sarpa yoga’. This is also called ‘Kaala sarpa dosha’ since its effects are not good. Even though Rahu and Kethu are not planets, they are considered as planets in Indian Vedic Astrology since their influence is very powerful.
Sarveshaam raahurbalavaan nisargajanithachcha |
Rahu’s naisargika or inherent strength is said to be more powerful than that of any other planet.
So, we cannot take Rahu and Kethu in a lite way. In a horoscope, if Rahu conjuncts Jupiter, then it is called ‘Guru chandaala yoga’ and it will destroy all good yogas present in the horoscope. Rahu and Kethu bear such a powerful influence.
Agre raahurathokethussarve madhyagatha grahaah Yogojyam kaalasarpaakhyaam nrupasasya vinaasanam |
Starting from Rahu and ending with Kethu, if all other planets are located in the middle, then that combination is called ‘Kaala sarpa yoga’ which brings destruction for the native.
No planet should be in conjunction with Rahu or Kethu. Then only Kaala sarpa yoga will be formed. This yoga gives obstacles and failures in certain spheres of life. The native cannot achieve expected growth in the life. But no need to worry. If other benefic yogas are present in the horoscope, then the Kaala sarpa yoga will not operate.
Remedies to overcome Kaala sarpa dosha:
- Performing Kaala sarpa dosha nivaaran or shanti puja at Tryambakeshwar near Nasik at Maharashtra, India.
- Or, performing the same puja at Maha Kaaleshwar, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Or, performing the same puja at Kedarnath, Uttarakhand, India.
- Or, performing the Rahu-Kethu puja at Srikaala Hasti near Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Recitation of first chapter of Chandi (or Durga) Saptasathi.
- Recitation of Maha Mrityunjaya mantra for 1,00,000 times.
- Reading Sarpa Sukta from Vedas, everyday.
- Avoid eating snake gourds, pumpkins and eggs.
- Doing ‘Naga Prathista’. Take a black stone and get two snakes carved on the stone as shown in the figure. This statue should be installed in a temple.
- Wearing a silver ring having a snake form.
- Wearing a silver ring in snake form with Hessonite (gomedh) in the head part and Cat’s eye (vaidhurya) in the tail part of the ring.
- The person should take two silver snakes and put them in a plate. He or she should daily pour cow’s milk on the snake forms. He should recite Siva Panchaakshari mantra: ‘Om Namah sivaaya’ for 1008 times while pouring cow’s milk. After that, the person should consume that cow’s milk. After continuing this for 2 months, he should donate these two snake forms in a Siva temple.